Tuesday 26 October 2010

Superflat Monogram & Superflat First Love

In 2003, Marc Jacobs and Takashi Murakami collaborated to make limited edition handbags for Louis Vuitton. The new print combined Louis Vuitton’s famous LV pattern with Murakami’s colourful art style (which he refers to as “Superflat”)



Since then, a few animations by Mamoru Hosoda have been created as promotion for the collaboration. The two animations below seem to be inspired by Alice in Wonderland, with girls falling into strange worlds, inhabited by some unusual characters. I enjoy these animations because I think that the repeated use of pattern works very well with the 3D animation – creating a kind of psychedelic aesthetic. I also like the strange, but charming characters in the animation. I would like my own game to have this kind of mood: something mysterious and unusual, yet very light-hearted.



No comments:

Post a Comment